Book Review: Beautiful Demons - Sarra Cannon

Thursday, March 3, 2016

General
Beautiful Demons
Series: Peachville High Demons, book 1
Pages: 181
Genre: Young adult, fantasy





Buy it here: Amazon


Synopsis


Harper Madison isn't like other girls. She has extraordinary powers, but her inability to control them has gotten her kicked from so many foster homes she's lost count. Shadowford Home for Girls is her last chance, and she hopes Peachville High will be the fresh start she needs.


At first, life appears to be looking up for Harper. She's making new friends and is strangely drawn to the guy next door. But when evidence ties her to the gruesome murder of a Demons cheerleader, Harper discovers this small town has a big secret.



Beautiful Demons is a fast-paced YA novel with magic, mystery, and a touch of romance. This series will appeal to all ages, including fans of Pretty Little Liars, Hex Hall, and The Vampire Diaries.







I bought the first book about a week after it came out. It sounded different, something I had been looking for. Well, I'm glad I picked it!

From the beginning, this story captured me. I was glued to my Kindle, wanting to know who Harper really is. The story was fresh. Harper is amazing. She doesn't know anything about her past, just that she has this power. After accidentally setting her foster home on fire, she's sent to Shadowford Home, a house for girls. 

Instantly we know something is a little off about this town. They are too nice, though closed off and hinting at secrets. I couldn't figure everything out, so I had to wait for the moment everything clicked with Harper. 

Boy, was that  a secret. This poor girl keeps getting revelations thrown at her left and right. 

I like the side characters, they were interesting to read about and their problems or why they are there. I felt off when reading about a few people, knowing that must have something to do with everything. I was pleasantly surprised at a few truths that came out. 

The romance was amazing, if a little quick. I know some people don't usually like the whole 'love at first glance than fall super fast' type thing, but I happen to like it. It was sweet, dangerous, secretive, and amazing. Our main hero is something ;)

I don't want to give too much away-hopefully I haven't already-but the problem that manifest in this story are great. Kept me on the edge of my seat! So when I finally reached the end, I needed the next story (which wasn't going to be released for awhile yet). I re-read this story countless times. 

This is a series. It has 6 books total, a few shorter ones from the Hero's POV, called A Demons Wrath. Also worth checking out after reading this series. 

Take my advice, read these books! You won't regret it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS