Review: Alpha's Mates-AJ Tipton

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Alpha's Mates
Series: book 2 of standalone series
Pages: 72
Genre: romance, paranormal
Rating: four stars








A CEO under attack by a vengeful coven. Two farm hands with a ranch in trouble. Can these three save each other? 


Cleo has everything under control: she's a wildly successful CEO, Alpha of a powerful bear shifter clan, and a total knockout. When a business deal puts her on the wrong side of powerful witches, she’s exiled to the middle of nowhere. Cursed to be unable to interact with electronics, Cleo has to trust the kindness of two handsome ranch hands to get back to her old life. 



Titus, a cursed dragon shifter, and Connor, gifted with supernatural intuition, are not used to company. When their ranch--a sanctuary for magical creatures--is threatened, the men must rely on their strength and Cleo's resourcefulness to save the day. Will Cleo be too distracted by her own plan for revenge to realize she may have found her true loves? 



Alpha’s Mates is a MFM paranormal romance novella in the “Bear Shifter Billionaire” series, a set of stand-alone stories that sizzle and satisfy. If you like steamy romance, wet and wild firefighting, and a literal roll in the hay, then you’ll love this breathtaking book. 



I had the chance to read the first book, Alpha's Heir, and I absolutely loved it! So I immediately asked to review book two. I've had to wait too long to read it, but now that I have, I'm so glad I did! First off, despite this being a sequel, it can be read as a standalone. I would advise reading the first, though. Because why not?

Cleo gets a change in environment, literally. She goes from bustling streets and skyscraper buildings to the great outdoors and blue sky's. She stumbles onto a farm, and it basically changes her life forever. Because what farm doesn't? (At least in romance novels. Either romance blooms or murders arise). Cleo is strong and tough, she's not one to let others control her, and she certainly isn't going to let a man do the same. I loved this about her. She won't let others step in and push her aside because she's a woman. She shows how tough we can be!

Back to the life changing farm.

On this farm happens to be two hot guys. And because this is a supernatural party, they're not humans. One is a dragon, and the other is a sexy cowboy who basically rolled in special glitter. Meaning, he's an odd one out and I can't say without spoiling. So take my word for it. Anyway, this farm is for shifters who need a safe haven. I've never read a book with so many creatures. Some I didn't even thing would be in this world! It was fascinating.

Titus and Conner are pretty hottt <so hot it needs three t's> and they immediately want Cleo. But like mentioned early, she doesn't want to be tied down by a guy. But telling them to stay away from her just makes them more determined.

Liked: I loved how fast pace it was. It's a novella, so don't go in thinking it's a full on novel. I loved the characters and how they reacted with each other, and the problems that arise.

Disliked: It went too fast. I felt like there could have been a few more chapters to really tie it up nicely.


"You realize you're a bit scary, right?" he said. 
“Darling, I'm terrifying and don't you forget it.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS