Book Subscription Box Reveal- OwlCrate!

Saturday, March 19, 2016

I've decided to write a post about my most recent book subscription box. I know it isn't techincally a "book review" but it's my blog, so I can do what I want, right? Let me know what you think!



The BookWorm Box

I've purchased one other book subscription box before, and unfortinutely, I can't find the pictures. It's called The BookWorm Box and it was made by Colleen Hoover (Ugly Love, Hopeless, etc). It's a great box, and it came with a bunch of cute bookish items, and two books!




OwlCrate



I was so excited to finally have purchased a second book box. I love seeing all the posts from past OwlCrate box openings on social media, and knew this was the next one I had to buy! Each month, OwlCrate has a theme for their box, and this month it was Writers Block. I thought that would be neat, especially since I've had a raging case of writer's block recently.

 The first thing I saw when opening, was cute bookish buttons from Bookworm Boutique and a little letter from the author whose book is in this months box. I'll get to that in a moment. These buttons are adorable! I love them, and the little bookish sayings on them are perfect.

The next item I pulled out was the quill pen and 642 Tiny Things To Write About from Chronicle Books. I have the bigger version, and I believe they have different prompts, but it's great for carrying around in my purse for those moments of boredom! Now, the quill pen is from Kikkerland. Its a soft, rubber pen with a sharp point. I love it so much! These two items together just want to make me write! 
*Note: I can't find the website for Kikkerland. If you have it, please comment below!
Item number 3 was a pair of socks! They're pretty darn cute, and I can't wait to show them off. These are Banned Books Socks from Out Of Print. It's to show that censorship can't prevent people from reading (because books are amazing!)

And last, but not least, is this beauty. I have heard a bunch of good things about it. I can't wait to dive in! Unfortunately, my TBR list is pretty long, but when I get to this one, I'll make sure to do a review on it! 

Dill has had to wrestle with vipers his whole life—at home, as the only son of a Pentecostal minister who urges him to handle poisonous rattlesnakes, and at school, where he faces down bullies who target him for his father’s extreme faith and very public fall from grace.
 
He and his fellow outcast friends must try to make it through their senior year of high school without letting the small-town culture destroy their creative spirits and sense of self. Graduation will lead to new beginnings for Lydia, whose edgy fashion blog is her ticket out of their rural Tennessee town. And Travis is content where he is thanks to his obsession with an epic book series and the fangirl turning his reality into real-life fantasy.
 
Their diverging paths could mean the end of their friendship. But not before Dill confronts his dark legacy to attempt to find a way into the light of a future worth living.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS