Book Review: Significance- Shelly Crane

Thursday, March 3, 2016

General
Significance
Series: Significance series (book 1)
Pages: 396
Genre: Young Adult, fantasy
Rating: 5 Stars




Buy it here: Amazon



Synopsis



Maggie is a seventeen year old girl who's had a bad year. Her mom left, her dad is depressed, she's graduating, barely, and her boyfriend of almost three years dumped her for a college football scholarship. Lately she thinks life is all about hanging on by a thread and is gripping tight with everything she has. 


Then she meets Caleb. 

She saves his life and instantly knows there's something about him that's intriguing but she is supposed to be on her way to a date with his cousin. But things change when they touch, sparks ignite. Literally. They imprint with each other and she sees their future life together flash before her eyes. She learns that not only is she his soul mate, and can feel his heartbeat in her chest, but there is a whole other world of people with gifts and abilities that she never knew existed. She herself is experiencing supernatural changes unlike anything she's ever felt before and she needs the touch of his skin to survive. Now, not only has her dad come out of his depression to be a father again, and a pain as well, but Caleb's enemies know he's imprinted and are after Maggie to stop them both from gaining their abilities and take her from him. Can Caleb save her or will they be forced to live without each other after just finding one another? 




There are few stories out there that can drag me into the characters world this easy. Significance is a four book series.

This book was a sweet romance with a paranormal twist. What I loved about this is that the paranormal is almost like a subplot compared to the romance. It's there and you notice it, but its not a shove in your face paranormal compared to other books out there.

I, being a lover of cliches and romance, love the instant love. Usually a lot of people don't like this fact based on it being non realistic but since this is paranormal and the circumstances are different, it makes sense.


  1. Caleb- The definition of book boyfriend. I actually became utterly jealous over Maggie-a fictional character!- because she got Caleb. He's the sweetest, sexiest character I've read. Understanding, amusing and completely head over heels in love with Maggie! He has hopes and dreams, fears and insecurities just like the rest of us and I like how he doesn't portray the norm for a guy. 
  2. The Jacobson's- Best family I've read about. I love Grandma! She's hilarious and witty. Caleb's parents are amazing and sweet, always there to help when Caleb needs it. They are all such a loving family, you can't help but smile. 
  3. The first kissing scene- You know how the first kiss goes. I don't even need to explain how amazing this scene was, especially if you have read this series or the Collide series by Shelly. 
  4. The ending- It was such a good ending for a first book. I nearly died when I finished reading it but I perked up out of coma when I saw the second was already out. 



The paranormal behind this story was interesting. I had not yet read anything about soul mates this way before. I liked how different yet old the idea is. Soul mates, becoming one, can't be torn apart kind of idea. I'm a sucker for romance so the imprinting and basically every scene after are my favorites.

Of course this story has villains and a bumpy road for Maggie and Caleb but they handled it well. I both loved and hated Marcus. He was the epitome of evil. As well as Sikes.

I didn't have many problems with this book. I know it was more innocent compared to other YA books out there but I loved that part! It was sweet and each book that I read became a little bit edgier.

“Because you are my significant, my soul mate. And I'm yours.”

“His eyes opened and he smiled at me like he understood everything, like I was everything.” 

“But... we will always be drawn together. We'll always crave each other. We'll always be in tune with each other, physically and mentally. There is nothing that can change or break that. And even if there was, I wouldn't want to. Not for the world.” 

“I saw something in you that I couldn't live without. I chose you, inside of me, and you chose me. It's not one sided, it only works when both people choose the other. You are perfect for me in every way.” 

Those are just a few of the many heart melting quotes from just this book. Remember, there are three others after this plus Caleb's own novella. 

This is worth the read and I encourage you to pick it up and give it a chance! Free on Amazon!

By the way, when you're finished with this series, be prepared to LOVE Honey Buns ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS