Review: Succubus in Seattle- J.R. Thorn

Friday, August 19, 2016

Succubus in Seattle
Series: book 1
Genre: Fantasy, romance
Pages: 93
Rating: four stars








Sonya, a succubus, struggles with her affliction. She can have any man she wants, until she screws them to death. That's why she's tried a girlfriend on for size, but a girl's still got to eat. Being a lesbian would be great if only Sonya were human. Unfortunately, she's not, and she needs to feed to survive. 



The trail of bodies has led Detective Anderson to Seattle. He's determined to find hard evidence and put Sonya away for good. Normally a man would be no match for a succubus, yet Sonya's powers seem to have no effect on the determined detective. 

Dubbed the "Black Widow," Sonya must evade the law until she can find a way to overcome her curse, which means finding the Blood Stone, the relic that killed her mother. 







*I was given this in exchange for a honest review*


My friends call me Sonya ~ Mr. Anderson calls me the Black Widow ~ You can call me "Succubus" 

I love fantasy. And romance. So when they're meshed together, I'm the happiest person on the planet. Now, add in a succubus and this story gets a little heated. I haven't read much books about succubus' (succubi?), so my knowledge is pretty low. I went into this hopeful and ended it with a good note.

Sonya is an awesome character. She's a succubus, which means she kills when she loves someone. She's kick ass with a fiery attitude. But because of what she is, she leaves a string of bodies behind her. And she's pretty funny with a side of sarcastic as well. A female character that's right up my alley.

“I jerked my phone out of my pocket and took a sharp left to follow the bold green line. I didn't fail to notice my walking icon had been replaced with a bicycle. Stupid Google. Doesn't have a "Succubus on Steroids" setting.


Which brings Detective Anderson around. He's on the case to find who is leaving all these bodies behind. I love his strength and determination, especially when some feels start brewing. But of course, Sonya stays away but she doesn't want him dead. But wait, he has no affect. Meaning, her succubus ways won't kill him!

I loved the scenes between Anderson and Sonya. The heat was pointed out in the beginning between these two, and when they finally reached that point, it was hot! The action was written so well, I could clearly see it in my mind. And those torture scenes! *shudders*

This is a novella, not a full length novel, but it doesn't feel that way, which I liked. If you haven't tried a succubus book yet, do so now and start with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS